Setting up for livestreaming
Table of Contents
Setup your hardware
To fully enjoy your Soundstorm experience, you will need 2 computers.
- One computer to stream, with a webcam and if possible an audio interface
- One ‘gaming’ computer to enjoy your immersive experience
Check your internet!!!
Connect both computers via a UTP cable to your router, try to avoid WIFI at all cost. You will need at least 5-10 MBPS upload speed.
To get a general idea how everything works, read our Getting Started section first
To stream a concert, you need to login to the Soundstorm site and use our ‘ stream pages’
The quickest way to setup
- Plug in your audio interface to your streaming computer/laptop
- Plug in your camera to your streaming computer/laptop
- Go to the Soundcheck page
- Select your audio interface as Microphone
- Select your webcam as Video Device
- Make sure your browser has ‘permissions’ to use the camera and microphone.
We recommend using Edge, Firefox or Google Chrome to stream your concert.
That’s it ! You can check your livestream on another computer (or your smartphone) to see if audio and video connects correctly.
Streaming your concert
Oh yeah, the time has come to earn Eternal Glory on Soundstorm.
Check the following
- do you have an artist, organizer or producer profile setup?
- Is this the day you have to perform?
- Is this your venue?
To start streaming
- Login to the Soundstorm App first with your artist, organizer or producer profile
- Type LEFT-ALT-M
SOME TIPS ON AUDIO
This is one of the most difficult parts of livestreaming. Watch out for feedback and noise loops !
- Do not amplify yourself in your stream room! Maximum monitors should be allowed, it doesn’t matter for your audience anyway as they will be online 🙂
- Make sure you have a proper mix without clipping over all your audio channels
- Yes, the audience can cheer for you and shoot up fireworks. However, it is not recommended to amplify the Immersion setup in your stream room or mix, as this could create a feedback loop (your audience applaudes, you hear it in your room, your mic picks it up and sends it back to the audience)
Some tips on video
- Webcams on laptops are often not the potent. Use a logitech C920 or Streamcam webcam, or even better, if you have a camcorder, connect that one to your computer. Most recent camcorders can be used directly for streaming, or you can connect one with an HDMI cable and a capture interface (eg Elgato)
- Make sure you are setup for 720p (1280x 720) streaming on your camcorder, obs, etc …
Setting up the immersion computer
This is the most fun (and rewarding) part. As artist, you will be able to see your audience avatars in REALTIME! So you can ask them for stuff to do, run in circles, jump up, applause, fireworks …
Best setup is with a regular computer with a big flat screen or projector linked to it. Just make sure it doesn’t get in the way of your webcam 🙂
To start the immersion, just download the Soundstorm app, login with your account and go to somewhere on the stage where you have the view you like. Eg position your character just next to the stage where you are performing in game.